Everything that’s bad for you catches on too quickly in America, because that’s the easiest thing to get people to invest in, the pursuits that are easy and destructive, the ones that bring out the least positive aspects of people.
If NASA is to reach beyond the Moon and someday reach Mars, it must be relieved of the burden of launching people and cargo to low earth orbit. To do that, we must invest more in commercial spaceflight.
Governments that invest billions in new hardware still find it hard to accept that they might benefit just as much from systematic innovation in such things as child development or cutting crime.
If there’s going to be an SAT, it’s probably practical to invest in a book or perhaps in a course, but I’m sorry to say, I went to some classes that my kids took and it was clear in school that what they were doing was just SAT training.
All media exist to invest our lives with artificial perceptions and arbitrary values.
Let us invest less and less in war and tax cuts for the richest 1 percent, and more and more in jobs and schools for the other 99 percent.